Saturday, December 15, 2012

Studying at Starbucks

I have been frequenting Starbucks the past weeks simply because it has become my son's study area. Yup. He has been struggling with Trigonometry and Geometry that Husband and I decided that it was time to get a tutor.I


I noticed that the Big Brother is more focused when his tutor meets him up at Starbucks. Maybe it has something to do with the grown up people around him enjoying their coffee or the presence of other students reviewing at Starbucks forces him to do the same. I really wonder!

When I was in College, one of the places I love going to was the Central Library of UST.
I wished I had pictures of me documenting my college life! 
The Central Library was my refuge. All I had to do was read the back issues of MOD Magazine , Sixteen  and Woman  magazines and I felt that I was among the women of the era of the 70's. 
October 1975 issue from susan roces.blogspot.com

One can easily study at the library. It was like being in a church. It was just so quite. Today, one will see students flocking at any coffeeshop to study and I am amazed how they could focus  when there is music and laughter and just any kind of  noise!


"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."- Marcus Cicero

No comments:

Post a Comment