Friday, May 11, 2012

looking natural

How do you look naturally glowing? How did this consciousness on skin care started in the Philippines? Blame it on Belo!





Belo Medical Group is headed by Dr. Vicki Belo, the doctor to the Stars of Philippine Showbiz. She is responsible for the transformation of many celebrities- an endorser used to be my classmate in College and I am  so amazed of how she evolved thru the expert hands of Dr. Belo.

She and her associates has pioneered in surgical and non surgical procedures.She made every girl in the country realized the importance of having beautiful skin. My consciousness in taking good care of my skin came about from the numerous television  commercials I saw and those big billboards promoting her clinic.
                                                
But having beautiful skin does not have to be expensive.  Washing your face using the most gentle soap and putting  on sunblock can radically improve your skin.

I used to have dark deep freckles on my face. They are all gone now.I really thought me and my freckles would be partners for life. Thanks to my passion for reading books and fashion magazines that I realized there are many ways to take care of your skin. I only have two, actually.

1) Visit a reputable not necessarily a celebrity dermatologist.
I met Dr. Ian Laurel 3 years ago. On a free day, I went to Healthway ATC branch and looked for a Dermatologist. All wanted was to have a facial  but Dr. Ian was so easy to talk to about my skin issues that when I asked him If it was possible to have a skin like Sarah Geronimo, he simply said, " of course."

me and Sarah G



 Ha ha. I saw Sarah Geronimo in one of my company's events and I simply adored her pinkish natural looking skin. Dr. Ian gave me this bottle of astringent combi and I have never stopped using this as one of my daily skincare regimen.

astringent combi
This costs 600 pesos and I apply this combi  in the morning and in the evening. I noticed that immediately after I apply a cotton ball of astringent on my face, my face turns to pinkish white. No need to put on any blush. A lipstick and after putting on a sunblock, I am good to go. 
Dr. Ian also prescribed a depigmenting forte which he himself formulated to ensure a blemish, freckled free face. These two are a  powerful combination.
depigmenting forte
2) Use reputable but not necessarily expensive beauty brands. Best to look natural. Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier are among my favorites. 
> To avoid the harsh effects of sun, best to put a sunblock and foundation in one. This Bobbi Brown BB Cream has an SPF of 35. This easily glides on my skin.
> Sometimes, if I have some extra time, I put on a little blush on. Smashbox simply makes the blush on my cheeks looks  so natural. I love the gingersnap color.
I use the Body Shop Brush. Love that I do not need to worry where to store this. It is retractable.
Body Shop Brush
I learned from Ms. Kris Aquino,( yup! I listen to her) that brushes should be cleaned at least every 4 days using the mildest shampoo and just lay them flat to dry.

And then I put on the Laura Mercier Mineral Pressed Powder SPF 15 to lock in the sunblock and the blush.
Laura Mercier Rich Vanilla mineral Pressed Powder
And finally, just a little lipstick can already complete my ' natural look.'
From Beauty and Make Up Blog

By the way, you might be interested 
Dr. Ian Laurel
Dermatologist
Healthway, Alabang Town Center
Clinic Hours: Mon 1-3, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday 5-7

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones."-Helena Rubinstein




No comments:

Post a Comment