Thursday, August 16, 2012

One Rainy Day

Thank God, Mr. Sun has finally appeared from the sky! After almost two weeks of heavy rains, metro manila is now enjoying a bit of sunshine with scattered rain showers at night. Not bad.

I love rain, not the heavy rain accompanied by thunderstorms. 
I love the soft rain . I love to hear the pitter patter of raindrops on my roof. I find the sound so relaxing and comforting.
I love to see the raindrops on my window panes.
And to go out after a rainy day to see the sun beginning to rise, hearing the chirping of the birds and seeing the  plants, the leaves of the trees , the flowers and the butterflies more colorful than ever is just a wonderful feeling. I could sing 'What a Wonderful World ' in moments like these.

One rainy day, the BFF decided to go to Tagaytay for a cup of coffee. Yes, we can take our coffee anywhere near but the gang love Tagaytay especially on a rainy day.

First stop is Memory Lane.
The BFF enjoying the meal
Memory Lane is a gift shop/ restaurant/ salon spa
The Bar

American type of architecture
Nice placemat but the brewed coffee could have been presented well . Creamer should have been
placed on a pretty container.
Memory Lane is owned by Jolina Magdangal . I love that the place is homey and there is a feeling of country living when you are there.


a place  for a big gathering


Next stop is Bag of Bean.
I love that this one has an all Filipino architecture. There is so much use of nipa huts and wood lumber.

love the wooden bench

love the old style garden set surrounded by the lush green plants
and trees
'dining area'
3rd stop, Ilog Maria.
I have been using Ilog Maria products for the past 3 years already and I am totally addicted. I am into organic, natural products as much as possible and Ilog Maria is the answer to my beauty- ingredient -requirement- need.
Taken from -The Cavite Weekend Project- Travelling Nicely
I super love their products- all natural and have healing qualities!
makes my face blemish free

soothing aroma

i use this on my night bath

The BFF went home rested and our bags were filled with goodies- from Ilog Maria and Bag of Bean. We would have wanted to buy some souvenir from Memory Lane but the book cases , umbrella holders and other small items were quite expensive. 
It was raining and quite foggy when we went down to Manila. We were all cudlled up comfortably in the car while we hear the soft  sound of the raindrops and watched the raindrops on the car's windshield. It is a wonderful world indeed!




"Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." 


No comments:

Post a Comment