Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Hair Trials

Haircut. Another woman power. It can transform even the meekest girl into a different kind of woman- sort of Hillary Clinton or Condoleeza Rice or Halle Berry type to January Jones to Victoria Beckham. Let's go local, from Nora Aunor , Vilma Santos to Marian Rivera and Anne Curtis. .

My mom could not understand why I could not stay faithful to one haircut. I had it all- curly, short, long. My hair even got totally damaged due to the  "I'd like to try that" kind of attitude whenever a hairstylist asked me to try their product.

with the receptionists of South Salon
Two years ago, I went to South Salon in Alabang to have my usual haircut and hair treatment. It was their Haloween Party and I never thought that my hair would experienced the "horror" of a bad cut and a bad rebond.
after the cut
Look closely and you would notice that the texture of my hair turned freezy. A make up and a hair product were my protection at that time not to look like this.
I looked so "eww'' here. 
Ofcourse I went back to the salon and complained. Ms. Vicky Sumbillo gave me a hair serum to treat the damaged hair. I applied the product on my hair hoping for a miracle but I lived with this bad bad hair for the next 6 to 8 months.

South Salon is well known in Alabang. I saw a few celebrities having their haircut or hair treatment there. But this observation is not a guarantee that your hair will always be in good hands.

After 8 months, I decided to have a short hair cut to get rid of the remaining  damaged hair strands.
cut by Ms. Lucy Britanico of Hairshaft
I love this hairstyle. It was very easy to maintain.
I started to grow my hair and was wishing for a fringe. I tried Emphasis Salon and was satisfied with Moussa who cut my hair.
love my fringe!
Another 8 months later, Jing Monis opened a branch in Belleview Alabang, had to try his cut care of Mr. Roger.
timeless cut
Can't get enough of a haircut! Yesterday, I went back for another cut...
waiting for my shampoo

Looking forward to another hair style experience!


"When you lose a lover, it's like getting a bad haircut. It grows back in time."- Sammy Davis Jr.

" Hair style is the final tip-off whether or not a woman really knows herself."- Hubert de Givenchy, Vogue, July 1985


No comments:

Post a Comment