Saturday, September 29, 2012

St. Raphael

Most of us Catholics have learned early on  to pray to  our Guardian Angel. 
Since September 4, all of us in the family have been praying to God and have been asking all the guardian angels and saints  to intercede for us and everyday we see our prayers being fulfilled...

I have been praying everyday to St. Raphael. The name Raphael means "God has  healed".He is one of the seven Archangels who stand before the throne of the Lord Father. He is the patron of the blind, of happy meetings, of nurses , of physicians and of travelers. 

My brother -in law had an accident last September 4. He is such a kind, soft spoken fellow that when I found out that he was airlifted to the hospital in Australia due to an accident, my heart just broke down and for days I wept. While on his regular tour of duty, a caustic soda sparked and burned his eyes. It was devastating. I have never prayed so hard . I prayed to God the Father and asked for the intervention not only of Mama Mary but also to all the angels and saints and I specifically prayed to St. Raphael. When my one and only sister married Brother (in law), he became a family and so when this happened, the family was emotionally heartbroken.

My brother ( would rather not mention in law because he is a brother to me) lost his cornea as a result of the accident. We were afraid that he would lose his sight and would not see his young kids grow up. The thought would always pained us. Today, we were happy to find out that he can fully recover his eyesight through cornea transplant. This was good news to us because not everyone who lost their cornea could restore their vision through cornea transplant. All the angels in heaven helped us asked God for this good news!

Thank you St. Raphael for the everyday miracle..Thank you Mama Mary. Thank you Blessed John Paul II. Thank you Heavenly Father..


No comments:

Post a Comment