Friday, September 13, 2013

People

Manage, Lead. Influence. Tough words for a leader to do.
Books are just everywhere to guide a leader like me but at the end of the day as long as I am able to teach and create a difference in the way my people think about life, about their jobs, I am good.

My area has been fantastic in achieving their objectives. But more than this I am so glad to see them being happy doing their job.


I am no expert in People Management but when someone asks me what I do to lead my team to where they are now, I am most willing to share...


One. I regularly talk to my team. I do One on One. I regularly take one of them for a cup of coffee and I take the time to get to know the person  and from there find out how I could be  a better leader for him/ her. These sessions help me to be a good listener. I am all theirs when they start talking.


Two. We always have fun together. I am such an easy going person. There is so much laughter in our meetings. Meetings might be long but they say our meetings are very productive and yet fun.
team meeting
Three. I enjoy talking not only to my  managers but also have fun with the service crew. 
with my regulars in Makati
I have fun. I learn.
a happy event where my team won the presidential award.
They say you can only ask for the hand of your people if you have already touched their heart. I must say I totally agree...



No comments:

Post a Comment